Music Banter - View Single Post - Nu Metal
Thread: Nu Metal
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #436 (permalink)
MyName
Music Addict

I'm only 17 and when I was younger I used to listen to everything on MTV and what others listened(mostly crap like Rihanna,Black Eyed Peas,Gaga). Then I got bored of that kind of music and searched for something different.

I found Linkin Park and soon they became my fave band. Then I got into Nu Metal/Rap rock and found out about more bands.

ATM I only listen to Limp Bizkit(yea, kill me). I don't know, they just have that goofy sound and catchy funky riffs coupled with Durst's crazy voice and amazing energy and explosiveness its just what I was looking for. I know that their music has no meaning(mostly) but it isn't supposed to have, listening to them is all about energy and fun not going emo and thinking about purpose of life.

They got heavy stuff,rap rock,mellow rock and pure hip hop songs so they are also quite diverse. Durst(even though an ******* and a douchebag as a person) can sing quite OK,rap good enough considering he isn't a rapper and scream like a maniac. I do however find his voice annoying in some songs like Boiler. Wes is simply put - a guitar God and others do their job quite OK.

I don't get all the hate for them, I mean they are good at what they do. "Don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree". Saying LB songs are not serious enough is like saying Cannibal Corpse songs aren't mellow enough. They aren't supposed to be.(even though LB has couple of serious songs majority isn't)

Of other Nu Metal music I got KoRn,Deftones,CxT,Saliva,POD and of other metal bands I like Pantera,Drowning Pool and Metallica

Maybe I just think this way because I'm still young and maybe taste for music becomes better with age(or just different) but I'm into this right now and that's it. Don't intend to change my music just because some stuck up guy has a superiority complex, that's his problem not my.
MyName is offline   Reply With Quote