Music Banter - View Single Post - Planktons Odyssey - The Dream
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Default Planktons Odyssey - The Dream

Been seeing quite a few members posting up their work so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon.

The Dream is a concept piece that I stitched together with some various sound effects, drum loops, and a couple backers from around the net. Guitar oriented, and incredibly self absorbed, it tells the tale of an entities struggle to become something better and more aware.

Here's a breakdown of the tracks:

01 - Rise
Intro/Outro was taken from Rush's Natural Science. The drum track was something I grabbed from a BT source (not sure where atm). I played the rythm on a whim just trying to get a bead on my equipment, but it turned out fairly well so I went with it, and finished it off with a lead.

02 - Farewell To The Sea
From Zakk Wylde's Farewell backing track, I just added the guitar.

03 - Metamorphosis
A tune I wrote for my girlfriends father who'd passed at the time I wrote it.

04 - Power Process
PP started out as a drum track I grabbed from either guitar chaos or jamsession, and quickly became a metal anthem.

05 - Flight Of The Killer Plankton
A collaborative effort from a gentleman from Portugal who set me up with a fantastic techno backer and asked if I'd throw some guitar over it, so I obliged.

06 - Floating In Another Time
The same drum track that was used in Rise is featured here. Another rythm played on a whim that turned into something useful that thought would be a good coda with the build and release. The outro is from The Jabberwocky.

There you have it. I created this sometime last year with the mindset of doing a "Mock" album all for fun, and it has gotten some good, and mixed reviews. And please keep in mind that I am fairly new to recording techniques, and all this was done using Audacity which has it's limitations. Critique is always welcome... good, bad, or indifferent.

Link to the full album:
Planktons Odyssey - The Dream.zip

Link to the soundclick playlist:
SoundClick artist: Planktons Odyssey - The Dream - page with MP3 music downloads