Music Banter - View Single Post - Nick Cave is Better Than All The Artists That Have Threads In Here
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #227 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
After the millionth person told me today that I am going to love Mr. Cave I decided there was somthing to sll the reccommendations and I am now looking for a starting place. Suggestions?
Here's how I personally got into Cave.
"The good son" was playing in a record store; it played all the way through, then I went up and asked who it was, and promptly bought it.

After that I got "Henry's dream", and these two albums made me want more, so then it was "Let love in" followed by "Murder ballads", after which "The boatman's call" was released, so I was up to date then. I grabbed "No more shall we part" when it came out, and think it's a great album, but have been less impressed with some other recent efforts, such as the double "Abbatoir blues/Lyre of Orpheus", "Nocturama" and "Dig! Lazarus! Dig!" which I really didn't like.

I bought his earlier albums too, just to have them, but haven't really taken the time to get into them, if I can, though "The mercy seat" off "Tender prey" is one excellent song.