Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #1429 (permalink)
FireWaterBurn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
i thought the way kobe threw pau under the bus was bs, personally.

I dont get why wade and bron don't drive in the 4th quarter the way they do in the first 3. KG is all bust exhausted by that point, don't opt for jump shots.

I'll give spoelstra flac but you can't blame him when wade and bron settle for shots instead of driving, and you can't blame him for other guys not making 3's when it's the only thing they're being asked to do
I thought it was BS too. Kobe can basically do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and never receive any crticism. Because he's always had an attitude with the media and they are intimidated by him. Now that Phil Jackson is gone, there's nobody with more clout than him. He can literally do whatever he wants and nobody will say a thing which irritates me. He is an all-time elite player, don't get me twisted but when he is jacking up ridiculously tough baseline fadeaways and demanding the ball every possession, he doesn't hae room to criticize guys for not doing enough. Hard to make plays when Kobe has the ball the entire shot clock and you live and die with his fadeaways.

I don't blame Spo for the missed 3's, but I blame him for never having any plays called. Most of the threes come from a great drive and kick. Haters gonna hate on leBron, but he made two great passes in the late 4th that led to wide open 3s that were missed. One was the one in the corner from Battier (I think) and the other was a drive where he threw it to the corner and then it got passed right to the wing and Chalmers bricked one.

Here's how I give the blame: I give LeBron and Wade the blame for when they stop running. Every game, they get a lead and stop trying to get out in transition. They slow it up and run their garbage half court offense. That's on them. But I can only blame them so much for not driving more. When KG doesn't have to respect Haslem or Anthony on the pick and roll, they are basically running into a double team every time. I did notice though LeBron doesn't go up and over people like he used to. He just takes the foul every time, which might be a smart thing since if he goes airborn a foul is coming anyways, but I wanna see Cavs LeBron teabag people, but I think that LBJ is gone. remember this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
Someone will surpass Jordan, but who knows if we will be alive to see it.

I don't think Wade or LBJ are great leaders either. They just don't have it in them. What's worse is they have so little confidence in their coach, so where is guidance going to come from?

LBJ has done everything for this team (Spo plays him too many minutes).

If Wade plays well, they will win(he's hurt). He's had 1 good game this series? I'll take Boston.
I don't think MJ will ever be surpassed. Maybe, but only after we are dead and nobody alive had seen Jordan ever play and his accomplishments keep fading deeper into history. I think Miami needs a coach like a Phil Jackson, someone that demands respect. But there is only one Phil, it's a players league and not many coaches get their star players respect anymore.

How do you guys think Bosh plays tonight? I think he plays a lot, and goes for 18 and 10 boards
FireWaterBurn is offline   Reply With Quote