Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #73 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
He has always been severely underrated so its not a surprise to see comments like that.
Well, in your opinion.

A lot of people wont give him the time of day. I actually like him, as I said. I just dont think that he's as good as you do. He can do a job for Man United but, in my opinion, he's nowhere near the standard of footballer you could expect to see at United.

I also find your comments about Scholes, and Carrick shouldering the majority of the workload, very interesting. Mainly because I don't see it that way at all. When partnered together, would Carrick, in his defensive role, allow Scholes the freedom to push forward and play the kind of patient football we've come to expect from him? Absolutely. Theres no doubt in my mind about that. You could argue that defensively Carrick has pulled the strings a fair bit this season but I don't think he works any harder than Scholes does. Scholes has been holding the midfield together very well, his passing play has been a thing of beauty at times. He just can't defend for ****.

It's arguably a good partnership but I wouldnt say Carrick shoulders any of Scholes workload.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote