Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #9930 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
True, but I still see it. Mostly though, I just don't see guys and girls being friends. Of course I'm sorta dirt poor and work with and see people who are a bit on the...unenlightened side? And no, that's not necessarily a euphemism for stupid.
I see it all of the time, too. Growing up with misguided religious young people who are striving to "be careful" they don't get "too close" to any of their female friends was entertaining. "Let's be friends (I like you), but let's not do too much together because I'm not ready to date (we might end up having the sex, and that's bad.)" I remember one friend in particular would ask me if I thought a girl liked him after he just met the person. Every. Single. Time.

Eventually people outgrow it as they have more respectful interaction with people of the opposite sex without feeling like a hug or a handshake always leads to humping, or a friendly hello means they "like" you. But you're right, it doesn't click with some people for many, many years.

EDIT: Although I will admit, when a woman is really cool and we get along great, I can't help but have the thought pass through my head. I don't know if it's the same for all men or women, but it's just a passing thought usually.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote