Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Stand-Up Comedian?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #65 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

With a lot of stand-up comedy I just don't get a sense of confidence, of belief, of the sense of authority or control over an audience and an understanding of their material to really hold my attention. I adore stand-up comedy but I'm not easily entertained.

My favourite stand-up comedian is Dylan Moran. I feel he talks very freely, very openly, very confidently, is well spoken, intelligent, dry, cynical and just very naturally entertaining and amusing. I realise he may not exactly be naturally amusing. I've actually heard stories from people who have been to see him where they will say the first half of his set (the sober half) can be very poor and all of a sudden, as the alcohol kicks in, he can be hysterically funny. Whatever the case may be, I think that Dylan Moran at his best is my favourite comedian.

"We're all a little funny about Americans now. I think the reason for all the bad feeling towards America now is, apart from everything that they've done..."

"But...Arnold Scwarzenegger is the governor of California. Theres a perfectly normal English sentence."

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote