Music Banter - View Single Post - Rap/hip hop urgent!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

That's what the internet is for. Do it big. On youtube. Don't even bother showing anyone you know in real life like your family and friends unless you know they're behind you and aren't going to try to bring you down.

Like I said, anyone can be a rapper. What's important is that you do rap about what you know. Do NOT be fake. It will take you nowhere farther than a laugh. And you ask yourself, "Fake? I don't even know who exactly I am yet..." and I say, "Yeah, you're still developing into the person you will be, but you'll know what feels right and what feels wrong."

So anyway, write some tracks with good rhymes, steady flow. Practice reciting it out loud a few times and then either change it and practice more, or say 'this is it' and upload it to youtube. Rinse and repeat. There is no rush.

Once you have a couple songs on your youtube channel, start sharing it here and there. Not aggressively, just maybe post on facebook once during the middle of the day "Hey check out my youtube channel, I have a few of my own songs on there" and see if anyone bites. You can figure it out. You can do it. Just remember, rapping about stuff that is real is more important than creating this fake gangsta rapper character that most people won't buy into. If you have to, rap about your small Scottish town. Rap about Scotland. Rap about whatever you know. It will make you unique and different, just by being yourself.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote