Music Banter - View Single Post - What music do your parents/siblings like?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

My mom's musical taste is pretty to-the-point in my eyes. Her favorites are Rod Stewart, Elton John, Journey, Queen, Bryan Adams, Nirvana, and stuff like that. She's also a fan of pretty much any contemporary music which might top the charts. She digs a lot of Pitbull, fun., and stuff like that, with a soft spot for Waylon Jennings, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, and that sort of country, in addition to anything CeeLo Green has ever touched.

My dad is bizarre. He seems most to enjoy AC/DC, Blondie, Cher, Waylon Jennings, The BeeGees, Eminem, 2Pac, Bone Thugs, and various and sundry other artists.

My 21-year-old sister most loves Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, MxPx, The Spill Canvas, and a lot of pop acts.

My 14-year-old sister most loves One Direction, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull, Green Day, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Cee-Lo, and other radio pop.

My grandmother mostly likes The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, The Ramones, The Clash, Queen, Simon & Garfunkel, and that sort of thing, with a strange fascination with Lady Gaga.

My tastes are probably more closely aligned with my grandmother's, but there's still not a whole lot of overlap.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote