Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #11795 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Prometheus

Pretty good entertainment. I think the script was okay, but it wasn't organized right. Scenes seemed to be in the wrong order or character interactions that took place had no weight or consequence.

SPOILERS

The ending was a real patch-job. The transformation into the alien being we recognize didn't make much sense. Character motivations/actions don't always make sense, contradict themselves earlier.

The script or dialogue wasn't as poor as i was expecting based on comments/reviews, but a couple things irked me. The film's visual scope is huge but the story is limited to 2 spaceships even though they're on a giant alien planet. Too much of the movie is stuck looking on holographic maps, sure they look cool and make for easy exposition but it made me sleepy. The line "we are going home" is repeated by the main characters a noticeable amount of times.

Also, in the film the planet they're on was a more-or-less a test site to experiment on biological weapons, correct? So were humans created on earth for the purpose of aiding the aliens or "creators" in some way?

I was really hoping the film would be more grandiose with the portrayal of the original aliens, the film started to feel reminiscent of "the thing" by the end. Still enjoyed watching it though, still better then most sci fi
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote