Music Banter - View Single Post - Prometheus
Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Does the film specify this, i didn't remember that.

For a species that would eliminate us because our violent tendencies they sure were violent themselves though. What was the original intent of human life do you think? If they go directly to each planet to develop these new life forms (the film mentions how the planet prometheus takes place on was establishe as a test site, so as to not endanger their home) why isn't their any evidence of them on earth?

Everything else you said was awesome though and made sense of a lot of things for me.
Yes, they tested the age of the head and determined it was over 2000 years old and the movie starts in 2089 and their expedition takes place in 2094. It may have not been because of our violent tendencies... It may have been because we weren't worshiping them. Then again, even though they could be violent they may have wanted to create a race that was more perfect than them. If we were to create a race of intelligent creatures, I can imagine we would want them to be as perfect as possible even though we fight amongst each other.