Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey!
Thread: Hey!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Wow. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Just wanted to let you know that while my taste is diverse, I still have yet to find footing in some of the genres I mentioned (but I know I definitely enjoy them all). I'm no expert, by any means.

Nice comments like that deserve direct responses

ThePhanastasio -Nice! I took a look at your 100 albums thread. Our tastes seem to be quite compatible- similar aesthetic. I can't wait 'till I have time to read all the posts that go along with the music.

Trollheart -Wow. Thank you! And here I thought I wasn't being concise enough! I have a tendency to ramble...

Pedestrian -Cool. Thanks for the appreciation

Blarobbarg -I think I can make a comfortable home for myself here, for sure. Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat.
I'm honestly just scratching the surface when it comes to Nu-Jazz, so I really should be asking you for suggestions! But so far I'm introducing myself to the bigger names that are oft-tagged as Nu-Jazz, like Amon Tobin, Skalpel, Jazzanova, Bonobo, Zero dB, Nightmares on Wax... stuff like that. My leanings in that area are toward Trip-Hop, Breakbeat and R&B influences, but I'm starting to venture slowly into the more ambient realm, like The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, which I recently came across searching for film-noir style jazz; and Floex- wow- thanks for mentioning him! Good stuff.

Gotta say, I like it here already. I think I just might stay. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Geekoid; 06-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote