Music Banter - View Single Post - Prometheus
Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i have just had so much joy reading all of you posts

its weird i personally have a very different view on all of this.....

first and foremost.....as Scott said....this is not a prequel but does take place in the "Alien" universe......having read that i feel like i went into this film very much thinking that

Spoiler for Bob's take :):
alright i feel there were two definite answers 1) what the space jockey was....although not what that one was doing there 2) what the "Alien" is....again without ever even hinting at it's existence......although i loved the fact that all the little and big creatures throughout Prometheus were very similar to the "Alien"....ie acid for blood, face sucking, and that thing at the end was very similar in body style as well as the interior mouth....what i loved was the kind of open ended idea that.....this is nothing more than one of several stations on that planet of what these "engineers" were doing.....going into this i assumed that this film would explain what the derelict space craft was doing there....within five minutes of them landing on the planet i dropped that idea.....i mean the planet in Alien looked nothing like Iceland....whereas this planet looked very similar .....right at that moment i decided to drop my fan boy nature and attempt to accept this as something completely different.....and i fell it delivered this is possibly the best example of a prequel that honestly has practically nothing to do with the other films.....seriously YAY!!!!.....and i agree 100% with Tore about the vases.....as well as with Violent & Funky about the creature destroying the creator.....i cannot wait to see this film again
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote