Music Banter - View Single Post - Prometheus
Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #46 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I don't think they were stockpiling eggs on the ship in the first Alien--I think the eggs were there as a result of them overthrowing their masters, the space jockeys. This is made evident by the space jockey with the burst chest in the original film...
I still feel it was an egg stockpile...they were kept stable by the blue misty sensor field thingy. I just think it got out of hand for them, as it did in Prometheus. I also thought this was another cool connection in Prometheus to Alien. Their presence in the chamber affected the environment, causing the mural to change and the goop to start pouring out of the vases. Kane's presence in the egg chamber caused a single egg to open and nail him in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Spoiler for Alien & Prometheus:
Although it's hard to say, I've assumed that the aliens were a biological weapon made by the "space jockeys", even before seeing Prometheus. Whether they were "stockpiled" in the ship in Alien, it's hard to say .. they definitely turned on the crew as you mention, likely causing it to crash. The only other place we see a collection of eggs like that in the Alien movies is in the queen's chamber in Aliens which is logical as she's the one who lays them. As there's no queen on board the ship from Alien (that we can see), it could be that the eggs were stockpiled in the chamber where they found them.

The way the vases were arranged on the floor of that room in Prometheus instantly reminded me of the eggs from Alien.
As I mentioned I'm starting to think that the Aliens are their own life form and the space jockeys have simply taken advantage of their adaptable DNA. I don't think they made them...but I think they stockpile them and use them to do their bidding.

It's probably meant to be more of a lesson...even advanced beings can't contain the Alien. Humans tried to put them under controlled conditions in Resurrection and they still got out and ****ed **** up.