Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #11804 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
Spoiler for Prometheus:
Maybe the pod was designed for her "father". She knew he was on the ship so maybe the pod was intended for him in case he came out of hypersleep all ****ed up. I still think she's an android. She tossed David David against the wall like he was nothing. If you remember, two huge crewman had to pull Ash off Ripley in the first one. Androids are strong as hell.
Spoiler for Prometheus:
Ah, of course it was designed for her father.

I still think she's human. Although she is described as cold, she actually shows quite a lot of emotion throughout the movie, such as anger with her father's quest for immortality and how she panics before she dies. It seems she also has sex with Janek. While travelling, she cryo-sleeps with the rest of the human crew (David doesn't sleep) and when waking up (she was the first to wake up), she tries to "exercise" off the cryo-nausea .. and again, she's annoyed with her father's want of a son (David). If she was an android, would she really have such feelings?

.. But I also believe the movie and her character was purposely made ambiguous to make you wonder, a bit like one could suspect Deckard was a replicant in Blade Runner