Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #396 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Late Registration is probably his best.
I'll check it out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
In regards to MBDTF, from the beginning line 'Can We Get Much Higher' I was hooked.
I think you guys are telling porkies if you are saying it's a forgettable album.
Not sure what a porkie is but I can definitely tell you I don't find the tracks on MBDTF memorable. I listened to the first couple songs yet again a couple hours ago as a result of this conversation and still can't remember what any of them sound like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
I think some people set out with the intentions of disliking Kanye, or perhaps mainstream music in general. Before I came to MB, I was one of those people who would dismiss music I didn't think I'd like before giving it a chance, honestly, it wouldn't matter to me if a million people said this record was a piece of ****, I know in my mind it's ****ing awesome.
I can assure you that's not the case for me. That album (and Kanye in general) has received such universal praise that I keep thinking there must be something of value there, but despite my continued listening I just don't hear it.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote