Music Banter - View Single Post - Recording Studio
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dobalone
Groupie

Default Recording Studio

Hey everyone! I am fairly new to this site, and I'm not very sure if what I need to know will arise from here, but I'll give it a shot! I have a pretty narrow room above my detached garage that I am willing to transform into a recording studio. What I need to know is:
- Drums
What is a basic layout in a small room for good (or great) sound recording?
What equipment do I need to use to produce the perfect sound from my drums given the space in this room?
- Recording
I have a Roland VS2400 CD Recording board. Should I consider selling this equipment (along with other unneeded sound equipment) and buy a different recording system, such as Pro Tools?
- Room
The room I have available for recording is tiny. There are three windows, carpeted walls, and double sound proof doors. Would else would I need to prevent unwanted noises during recording?

I would post pictures of this room along with details about it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. You can contact me by email for the pictures though if you really want to help me out! dobbymatthews@gmail.com Thanks so much for any kind of support or suggestions. Anything would help!!!
Dobalone is offline   Reply With Quote