Music Banter - View Single Post - Latest Movie Purchase?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #732 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I'm still not sold on Blu-ray, or at least not on all replacing my entire DVD collection with Blu-ray counterparts. Certain films like the Extended Lord of the Rings would be awesome in Blu-ray, and even Yellow Submarine because of its wide colour palate. Other films just don't seem to be worth the extra money.

Anyhow here's what I got for a total of $7 at my local used CD store.

Ju-on (2002)

The original movie the 2004 American remake The Grudge was based on. I've only ever seen that version but as J-horror tends to be far superior to most Western horror (call me a snob, I don't care), I'm expecting good things.

Dark Water (2002)

From director Hideo Nakata, the original director of Ringu (1998). I've heard this one's not that scary and is more of a drama film with horror elements, but I still liked his directing style in Ringu so I don't really care if I'm not frightened while watching it.

A Tale of Two Sisters (2003)

I started watching this on Instant Netflix a few weeks ago but the sound was not in sync with the movie and it got really annoying. I've heard a lot of people praise this film as one of the best examples of psychological horror and my only other experience with South Korean horror has been The Host (2006).
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote