Music Banter - View Single Post - An indeterminate number of albums you probably have never heard, but maybe should
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

The Alan Parsons Project --- Eve

Fourth album by the progressive rock outfit led by the guy who engineered Pink Floyd's seminal "Dark side of the moon", "Eve" was a loose concept based on the way women are viewed and treated in a male-oriented world. Many of the songs would seem to ring as chauvinistic ("You lie down with dogs", "I'd rather be a man", and so on) but in fact are empowering songs which show that no matter what men think of women, it is the latter who are the greatest power in the universe, being the only ones able to bring life into the world.

As usual on APP albums, the vocals are shared out, but this was the first --- indeed only --- one to feature female lead vocals on some of the tracks. It's a great album, from the opening instrumental "Lucifer" to the closing ballad "If I could change your mind", with some great rockers in between: one of, in my opinion, the finest and most cohesive albums from the Alan Parsons Project.