Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #11832 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post

Captivating. At least for the first 20 minutes or so. Then it slowly starts to sink in this is nothing more than an Alien remake with great visuals. I think Scott would have done better if he just concentrated on the alien creator race issues. Good that he at least reuses H.R. Giger's designs. Well, really nothing much here, lads and lassies, besides the tense surgery scene and a very nice "navigation" scene. Scott doesn't really have it in him anymore. I'd still watch the sequel, even if I more or less know the answer to some of the unanswered questions and only if it's done by somebody other than Scott. Also humongous plot-holes. And when the Alien connection was finally made, I was way past caring.

2/10 (that's just for the visuals)
Prometheus sucked. Sci-Fi flicks don't have to be well-written or executed any more... just include some awesome visual effects and you're golden (and by golden, I mean rolling in dough thanks to suckers like me). Also-- don't believe the "Alien" hype. This has nearly nothing to do with the Alien franchise and the tie-ins were clearly thrown in post-production, since you know, they didn't want it to be a prequel but then they did.... gah

And the worst part: shoehorned, cheesy dialogue on bull**** philosophy about religion and human origins. yuck
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote