Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Vinyl and CD making a Comeback?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holerbot6000 View Post
Hahaha! I'm starting to see why you call yourself the Hatemonger! I'm too new here to start getting into arguments. I think we'll have to agree to co-exist on this one. I really just wanted to respond to the thread and say that, FOR ME, the vinyl resurgence is a good thing. Sorry if my Wax Poetica drivel got on anyone's nerves. With age comes increased sentiment. It's a curse.
By all means, you haven't been the slightest bit annoying imo. From all I've seen on forums, there really only ever are opinions. Some people keep their opinions personal, others spin them in a way that's more 'universal', and still others have a nice blend of both! lol.

But I can definitely see where you're coming from. As an vintage-oriented amateur visual artist (whoa, did that make me sound like a hipster? lol), having a tangible personal museum of nostalgia is like having art hanging on your wall. Some music consumers lean toward form, others toward function. Some lean toward preserving and appreciating the past, others are all about the glorious realm of the future. The same is true about musicians. I think there is room for appreciation on both ends of the spectrum.

Oh, I should also add- what's wrong with being sentimental?? You'd be good company to the other sentimentalists here on MB, myself included.
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote