Music Banter - View Single Post - The Weather
Thread: The Weather
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #419 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekoid View Post
I dislike small talk (you know "so, this weather we're having...."), but I'm betrayed by my fascination with weather.

It's grey and gloriously humid here today- 28 degrees (82 F). Calling for thunderstorms tonight (hopefully severe, we could use another extreme weather event around here, just to shake things up), and the risk is there 'till tomorrow. Can't wait until Wednesday; it's gonna be sunny and 31 degrees, feeling like 40.
I won't lie, North America has really got the better deal when it comes to weather. The temperature's generally hotter, and when I last visited I was amazed by just how long periods of blue sky would last. I'm also fascinated by the twisters and tornados you get in some places, terrifying I'm sure but amazing to behold.

Probably belongs in the bitch box but I've had an unbelievably crap weekend, feeling lie doing a bit of mountain biking to keep myself occupied with the waiting but here in the peak district there's a shower every couple of hours and I've honestly not seen blue sky since March.
However I was in surprisingly high spirits as the driving rain soaked me to the skin as I ploughed through the seas of mud that are omnipresent here, because I thought to myself that I must be the only lad in England brave/daft enough to attempt an ascent of Mount Kinder in such awful conditions. I didn't meet a single other person.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote