Music Banter - View Single Post - The Weather
Thread: The Weather
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #420 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
I won't lie, North America has really got the better deal when it comes to weather. The temperature's generally hotter, and when I last visited I was amazed by just how long periods of blue sky would last. I'm also fascinated by the twisters and tornados you get in some places, terrifying I'm sure but amazing to behold.

Probably belongs in the bitch box but I've had an unbelievably crap weekend, feeling lie doing a bit of mountain biking to keep myself occupied with the waiting but here in the peak district there's a shower every couple of hours and I've honestly not seen blue sky since March.
However I was in surprisingly high spirits as the driving rain soaked me to the skin as I ploughed through the seas of mud that are omnipresent here, because I thought to myself that I must be the only lad in England brave/daft enough to attempt an ascent of Mount Kinder in such awful conditions. I didn't meet a single other person.
Have you been to North America in winter? I hear they freeze their nuts off. It always seems that the major gripe about the UK weather seems to always be the grey skies rather than the cold, rain or lack of long hot summers.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote