Music Banter - View Single Post - Where Are YOU From?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #468 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

This is my house
though at the moment we've given the floating gigantic finger the week off. Can be quite off-putting, having that hover above your house all the time! Deters burgulars though! Well, sometimes attracts them. Not what you'd call a safe house, by any means!

The house is situated in Darndale, a less-than-beautiful-but-not-crappy housing estate just outside of Coolock, which will mean nothing to you non-Irish people. It's a council estate, though not in bad shape. I've lived here for over 40 years, since Darndale was built. Neither the van nor the car are mine; I don't drive. It's also a little annoying trying to get past those big white lines GoogleMaps put in: wish they'd just move them!

The room Mister Finger is pointing to is where my sis has lived, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the last five or so years, restricted as she is to the upstairs of our house due to her MS. They're finally building her a downstairs extension in the garden, so hopefully in a month or so she can at last leave her prison.