Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite decade?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Not to be mean I can't see how 80's was that great, what was popular was simply horrible e.g. Jacko and Hair Metal. I thouhgt the beginning of the 80's OK because music but it was from the fact that was what happening in the 70's was still influential.

I'm totally divided on this. I think I would want my weekdays and weekends to be split. I would work in the 2000's and party on the weekends in the 1970's. Could you imagine being able to go to CBGBs or a Disco in NYC or see the Allman Brothers or Genesis or Led Zeppelin in concert?
I'm gonna take a guess and venture that you don't really like Thrash/Punk/New Wave? All three genres were at their alltime creative high in the 80's. Not much of a jacko/hair metal fan myself but yes they were equally as abundant as the genres i've mentioned. I could take a pass on led zeppelin and the Almann Bros. I would have liked to have seen Genesis in the Gabriel era.

Its all subjective and i don't take offense to your assessment. I lived the 80's and i loved it.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote