Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #11837 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
We like to make sense of our movies, and this film is one that really doesn't concern itself with pacing. I mean there's this scene where these two detectives are killed by the ghost and then the next thing we know it's the future and we're following the daughter of one of the first detective to investigate the disturbances around the house. Then after that we're back to the very first character we meet who I could have sworn was already killed. Making sense of this movie is challenging enough sober, throw marijuana and alcohol into the equation and a flow chart becomes a necessity.

Anyways this was on Netflix last night so I just had to watch.

Death Race 2000 (1975)

Yeah the 1970's are pretty uh... weird when it comes to some movies, this is no exception. I was already well aware of many of the scenes and the generally story just from listening to other people talk about it so it wasn't really all that new to me, but it was at least fun to finally check this off my movie list. Couple of questions though, when Machine Gun Joe fires his Tommy Gun into the crowd of Frankenstein supporters, was he firing blanks or were they real bullets? Other question, did anyone else think it was kind of... backwards that in an attempt to make the world safe again and bring back democracy, Frankenstein kills the President and then becomes president himself? Seems a little bit more like a dictatorship to me, a la the Roman Empire.
Was thinking of picking Death Race 2000 up. Been collecting some of the movies in the Roger Corman Cult Collections series. Probably get around to picking this up soon.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote