Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #176 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
I am not talking about England in terms of results. I am aware they are very good at doing what they need to win, but the players and football played is very poor, one of the worst teams in the Euros.
No, no, I won't have that! Ireland deserve to be forever excluded from international competitions after that truly abysmal and amateurish performance! And to think people (not me) spent their savings to go follow them in Poland (and, they assumed/hoped/thought, Ukraine)! What a poor return. I know we Irish are known for making bad investments (property bubble HO!) but this must rank as the worst yet. Sure, everyone who went had a good time, despite the team's lacklustre effort, but I guarantee when the credit card bills start coming in, or the wife starts moaning about why they can't have a holiday this year because YOU wanted to go to POLAND, they'll feel differently...

Also, we should fire our manager, who is still desperately trying to come up with excuses, when there are none.

Everyone here was so fired up for this: flags hanging from every window and flying from every car, something finally to look forward to, and now look at us: the laughing stock of Europe. ZERO points gained. Zero.

You'll never beat the Irish? No, you won't, not unless you're an even halfway decent team who aren't afraid to pass the ball and at least try...