Music Banter - View Single Post - new piano player...am i in over my head?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoLuva4Ever View Post
Piano is considered the foundation of everything. If you're gonna start music, minus well start with piano. I am 18 yard old and have been playing the piano for 13 years. I recently started sax and guitar, which I caught on to very fast because of my experience with panoramic. The only thing was I had to concert from concert c to eb. So piano is the best place to start.
I'm sorry that I'm not contributing to this actual conversation at all, but I feel my question is constructive in the sense that there lies the potential for both our lives to become just a little bit better knowing the answer:

Have you ever stopped and thought about what exactly "minus well" even means? Do you just type things how you say them, or do you analyze the things you're saying to ensure that they make sense?
I'm honestly not trying to rip you a new one or anything... I'm genuinely curious. Personally, I could never type something like "minus well" without first wondering what that even meant, and whether it was correct or not.

Does the phrase "might as well" seem like it might be a little more appropriate in the context of your statement?
Let me know, because things like this interest me to a very high degree...
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote