Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #17571 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

ironically three live albums

Hildur Guðnadóttir - Leyfðu ljósinu

this is technically a live studio album....as in one take, no mixing, and no audience....this woman is amazing.....two tracks of sensual, dark atmosphere created with nothing more than a Cello and some minimal electronics....although this may not be an album that i play often.....this will be on any list i make for this year....sublime modern classical/minimalist/ambient....haunting as it is full of beauty and hope....just wow

Devo - Live In Seattle 1981

a great set and actually well recorded.....nothing special for anybody who is not already a huge fan though....so in short I love it....you may not

Woven Hand - Live at Roepaen

quite the opposite of what i said about the live Devo album.....this is amazing and would be just as good to a long time fan as it would be as an introducing album.....David Eugene really has a way of truly coming alive when playing live....which shines as much on this as it does on 'Horse' by 16 Horsepower.....top for 2012 at the momment....plus he opens the set with 'Hutterite Mile'
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote