Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #592 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holerbot6000 View Post
I've been listening to the Beatles almost all my life and to this day, Sgt. Pepper is one of my least favorite albums. I don't know if I'm just being ornery or what, but to me, they just don't sound like a band anymore. That is the album where it feels like they were starting to come apart, plus some of the songs are extremely meh.

The build up from Beatles for Sale to Revolver is the most interesting period for me. I'd even throw in the Yellow Submarine songs for good measure, as they are so closely associated with the Revolver period. That record was the ultimate Beatles-as-band statement for me. I'm speaking of the UK version of course. It just doesn't get any better.

I will say, thanks to the mono box, I did finally hear Sgt. Pepper in mono and I do think that is far superior to the stereo version. I'm a freak though...aren't we all?
no, the mono mixes have additional things going on, that just didn't make it to stereo when they did the panning

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote