Music Banter - View Single Post - Potential US Military...
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
90'sMusicKid
That weird kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
I don't know, but I'm thinking I'm going to sign up for the military.

My ASVAB is exceptional, and I'd be able to enter at a fairly decent rank, for fairly decent jobs.

I'm currently unemployed.

I also want something substantial. I wouldn't be career, but I want to enter the armed forces.

I mean, I grew up with an Army dad. I don't want the Army necessarily, though. I'm shooting for more Air Force or Navy, actually.

My uncle was Air Force.

I've no ties to the Navy, aside from my cousin almost completed Boot, only to have an asthma attack a week before graduation.

I don't have asthma. I've been jogging regularly. I have an appropriate BMI. I have an advanced IQ, and a ****ing awesome ASVAB (WAY easier than the ACTs, for anyone who was wondering) and could feasibly do this.

I just have one minute favor to ask; anything in the Recreational Drug thread; if that could be deleted, I'd be eternally grateful.

As it stands, I could pass even a follicle test, I believe, but I don't want the RD thread turning against me.
Go Navy or Air Force man.

I just got out of the Army. I was an impulsive ass teenager and just had to join the Infantry. That job wrecked me for the time I was in..it was loads of fun but it wrecked my body. I dont know about other units but I was 1st Bct, 101st Airborne (Air Assault), you will NOT be treated like a human if you go line Infantry lol. Fort Campbell hates privates. Expect to constantly get smoked at your unit if you go Infantry or most other combat arms ground jobs. I was actually pretty pro military as a kid and even into the first few months at my unit, but after the way I saw how they treated people and the ****ty alcoholic lifestyles they all lived I wouldn't suggest it to anyone unless they know for sure deep down that they'll enjoy the abuse.
so you don't make my mistakes
90'sMusicKid is offline   Reply With Quote