Music Banter - View Single Post - Have any of you heard of clutch?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

This band is getting better and better in time to me, they seem to have lost the need to be scary and gained a more cohessive sounds while keeping the same socially aware, not-so-serious lyrics they've always had.

To me Clutch is a band that should be huge, that everyne should have at least heard of. I don't know why they or other great abdns like Drive-by Truckers havn't smashed through the mainstream yet but I surmize that both Clutch and DBT are rock bands in a day and age when there are no radio stations that play rock. Its either Classic rock, Alternative Rock, Or HardRock/Metal.

One station in Boston will play clutch, but I've read in places that the coastal stations are more receptive to diffrent things, and that in the mid-west Trapt and Nickleback still rule the radio.

If you do live out there, you can actually listen to our Hardrock/Metal station which, depending on the time of day it is, could appeal to anyone on here.

Back to my point though, Clutch to me Should be on par with System of a Down, The White Stripes, and whoever else is a massive rock band today. They don't dress as vibrantly, all their color is in their music.