Music Banter - View Single Post - why the sudden change
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

the generation before you felt the same way about you, and the generation before them felt the same way, and so forth and so forth. Everybody starts somewhere and is given slack untill they are respected by the scene. what it takes to get the respect is differant in almost every case. When i was 15 (almost 14 years ago!) and got into the scene i felt like the older guys that were already established in the scene were like "who the hell is this kid, and where does he get off trying to be punk?" i dont think there is really a way around it unless your sid vicious's long lost offspring, even then youll probably get slack at first. my point is, these kids who you are complaining about how they were into pop one second and now trying to be punk may very well turn out to be the next life-long punk rock activist/protesters and could be important members of the punk rock community. my suggestion is to not judge them by their sudden change of character, instead welcome them and try and point them in the right direction. Its all about Unity, not a private members only club.