Music Banter - View Single Post - Walk The Moon - Walk The Moon
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
SShim317
Music Addict

Default Walk The Moon - Walk The Moon

Walk The Moon, one of my favorite new(ish) indie/alternative rock bands, just released their first official signed album (now that they're signed with RCA.) I was wondering what you guys thought of them/their album.

They've got an interesting start because they released an EP in 2008 called The Anthem, here's one of my favorites from that, specifically because of the strings.

Walk the Moon- Stone Cold Fox - YouTube

Then in 2010 they self-released I Want! I Want!, since they were still unsigned, which I loved. That album had Anna Sun, their first real hit, and that's why the video they released for it is now so old:

Walk The Moon - Anna Sun - YouTube

They released an EP called Anna Sun this year which helped that song blow up, and just the other day their self-titled album came out. In fact, Anna Sun was voted the 'Song of the Summer' for 2012 on MTV and Seventeen:
http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2012/05/30...walk-the-moon/

Many of the songs are from their first album, but they've re-recorded them and spruced them up a bit too.

Here's another recommended song, Next In Line, which was on the Anna Sun EP and is now on their album as well:

Next in Line - Walk the Moon Lyrics - YouTube

Edit: Just found out they're playing at the Theater of the Living Arts in Philly (not far from me) tonight, and tickets were <$30. Looks like I missed my shot. Hopefully next time they're back, tickets will stay around that price...

Last edited by SShim317; 06-21-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: TLA Concert
SShim317 is offline   Reply With Quote