Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #8239 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

William Shatner - Has Been (2004)

Yes that William Shatner, and before you snicker and not take anything I have to say about music seriously, I want you to listen to this album, because it's fantastic. It's one of the most heartfelt, just heart, brain, and soul splattered on a canvas album that seems deeply personal, yet still inviting. It gives you a whole new appreciate for the Shat-man, or if not appreciation then understanding. Besides having some pretty decent guest performances by the likes of Joe Jackson and Henry Rollins, there's also a really good cover of Pulp's hit song "Common People" that Shatner just does an amazing job with. Other songs like "That's Me Trying" and "Together" are just those songs that are the type of music you need to listen to when you've had a crummy day. Despite the meloncholic tone of the album, there's also some levity like on the songs "Ideal Woman" and "I Can't Get Behind That" that just give you more insight into the mind of this titutlar has been actor.

Look I know it seems hard to give this album a try just because of who it's by, but I can at least guarantee you won't walk away hating it. It may not change your life, but it very well may change your outlook on the actor and it is something you probably would not have bothered to give the time of day to before. This is really one of the perfect examples of "don't judge a book by its cover".
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote