Music Banter - View Single Post - Tales from the Jam Room
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #42 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
I have to dissagree with that. I could Have Lied is one of the more beautiful songs I have ever heard. Fruciantes simple solo is absolutely perfect for that song and place on the album. It was actually one of the first songs I ever learned on guitar too.
We'll have to agree to disagree It's not necessarily a bad song, I just feel that Soul To Squeeze is better when I revisit that material. Incidentally, I shared the exact same opinion as yours back in the day (and it was one of the first songs I learned from the album after I got the tab book - had Suck My Kiss and Give It Away in magazines before getting the book though hehe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
This was a great post, dave, and it expresses my feelings as to why I more or less stopped trying to start bands and "make it big". Personally I know that I'm not the type of person who has that strict business-like mindset, and quite honestly I don't really want to get that. That being said, I do wish you luck with your pursuit, even if it isn't the most serious of ventures.

Really, I'm kicking myself for not knowing you had a Journal and not subscribing to it sooner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Well, I was bound to find this sooner or later. Exceptional writing Mr D. From the little I've read so far (at work and busy, so not a whole lotta time), I'm very impressed. I feel like a bit of a voyeur as I peek into your life. I'll have to finish this at home.
Thanks dudes, I'm just applying the classic writing adage - write what you know, and I don't know anything quite as well as I know my own life. As always the positive comments are flattering and humbling (mostly...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Someone with your insight could easily be a leader of a cult
THE POWER!!! MWUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote