Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #209 (permalink)
Flyingpig437
Music Addict

Roy Keane was hilarious last night when asked if he thought England would win he just said 'no.' I think he's right. You never know etc. but the noises coming out of England and all this talk abaout 'growing confidence' just seems pathetic to me based on their performances in the friendlies and the 3 group games. When Wayne Rooney says 'no one will fancy playing us' I just think it's symptomatic of quite massive degrees of arrogance and wishful thinking. It's like because they somehow or other think they're good enough to win and are better players than the teams they're playing they resent having to actually prove it when reality hits about 5 mins into a game and they've hardly touched the ball even when playing Algeria or Ukraine. Then when people like me say things like that they get arsey and think we're not supporting them when really were just being realistic and hope they do pull it off even if it's by as was discussed on tv the other night they are winning games or can win the tournament 'without having the ball' a'la Chelsea and that Champions league.