Music Banter - View Single Post - Euro 2012
Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #250 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

^^ So what would you suggest England do for future tournaments then? Would you suggest they approach tournaments with a negative attitude? Wouldn't this just give you more ammunition to criticise them? Our national teams main criticism seems to be a perceived lack of heart and passion but even when we get stuck in and show some commitment we still criticise them, seemingly because they didnt go on to win the whole thing.

Also it's worth keeping in mind that in 120 minutes of football Italy werent good enough to beat us. You can analyse the performance but that is a fact. Any talk from the England camp about how they had the ability to play Italy and win was justified, in my opinion. They only got the job done on spot kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Worst player of the tournament, by far, was Ashley Young.
He had a poor tournament for sure. Thats quite a bold statement though. The Greek central defenders are probably still dizzy from running around in circles and there were a number of players I was looking forward to watching who produced very little such as Affelay and Kerzhakov. John O' Shea was so far out of his depth it was unreal. Robin Van Persie had such a poor tournament given how incredible a domestic season he has had. As far as English players go, James Milner was utilised down the right hand side a lot and was seriously lacking in a final ball, I lost count of how many of his crosses were played a long the ground and/or failed to beat the first man. To say that Ashley Young was the poorest player of the entire tournament really is arguable, in my opinion.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote