Music Banter - View Single Post - New members' "mixer" thread?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
All this mollycoddling is beginning to make me feel sick.

It's a music forum, you can see what it is, you can see what people do here just by reading it. It's not brain surgery to figure out how the place works.

Personally if it was up to me I'd scrap the Introductions forum and make them do their first posts in the forum proper. I don't see the point in people asking what their favourite bands are if they can't be bothered to talk about them on the forum, which is kind of the point of this place.
Hey I made an introduction thread 3 years ago and it's still popular.
Really, I was just trying to behave how the forum rules instructed me. Oh wait! I know what's perfect. You can't make an introduction thread until you've made 15 posts and not been banned. That might make the BS introductions slightly more worthwhile.

I may have mentioned this before but to me, by far, the least interesting conversation on music banter is about music banter itself so I'll stop now.

edit: I understand why people do it but, like the Hatemonger, I also find the new member welcomes extremely cloying. "Hi, what do you like? You'll find better stuff here! etc. etc." It reminds me of when I was in kindergarten and kids were praised for being able to write the letter "a" - I mean did those kids ever really contribute to the world?

Last edited by Engine; 06-25-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote