Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #4831 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Braid

Playing my way through the games I got with the last Humble Indie Bundle. I finally beat Limbo which still has me wondering what the ending and indeed, entire story were all about. Braid on the other hand has a pretty easy to follow story that's well told and I'm absolutely loving the art style. The puzzles are really well designed and remind me a lot of '90's PC games like 7th Guest or Myst. Definitely not as easy to get through on your first go though because I had to consult a walkthrough guide to figure out how to get the last two puzzle pieces in World 2. It's funny because I just bought Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Wii's virtual console, but I've found Braid and Limbo to be better designed games. I like how each failed attempt just flows into the next one, and there's no stupid lives system that sends me back to the start of the entire game once they're used up.

Thing is, I never had a console till 1999 when I got an Nintendo 64, so on the rare occasions I did play a console game I was generally pretty ignorant of what to do. I accidentally hit the run button instead of the jump button and I'm taken out by the Goomba on the first level, then the owner of the console takes away the controller and gets mad because I wasted a life. So yeah... I'm much happier with the side scrollers of this console generation then of the ones from back in the day.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote