Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #11848 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

when i finished reading this book sometime last year i said to myself "if they make a movie even 1/4 as good as this....that movie will rock!"

the didn't

had a friend of mine not seen this on Friday and was nice enough to warn me i would have walked out on my viewing (seriously it is that bad).....

a) it is absolutely NOTHING like the book....which in my opinion is fucking crazy....the book was a well done accurate telling of Lincoln's life and the screen play was written 100% by the author of the book....and literally raped himself and completely changed the plot, story and characters OF HIS OWN BOOK!!!! (hmmm money money money)

and in turn made a ****ing god awful over special effects piece of steaming crap....if you love these **** films with hundreds of slow motion over the top fight scenes....you';ll love this....as thats probably about 98% of the film.....i means seriously fuck historical accuracy, fuck great characters, and fuck a creative way of making a great man's rather depressing and average life really fucking cool

yeah **** all that.....the people want to see Mary Todd Lincoln fighting at the battle of Gettysburg! YEAH!....this was so off from the book and any fact that i was in suspense waiting to find out who kills Lincoln at the end.....

it boils down to this....

if you like the slow motion blow **** up type of movie with little plot and little story and undeveloped characters....you will love this

if you liked the book or care at all about the integrity of a great story....you'll hate it

just want to add that this really bummed me out
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote