Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #11854 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

this movie follows the very typical Disney motif....but lets face it...it works.....story wise there is everything likable characters, plenty of laugh out loud moments, a couple of "smoke in the eyes" moments.....in general just a wonderful pixar/disney movie up there with the likes of Up, Monsters INC, Wall-e (etc etc)....as always they really went ahead of the selves visually....Merida is one bad ass princesses who really screws things up in a real fun way

the opixar short before the film was freaking awesome by the way

and there were archery school sign ups art the theater!
Weird... I thought it was just "okay". The action was not paced well-- actually, it hardly even existed. I found myself bored and irritated at points, which is very odd for a Pixar film. Speaking of which, this felt more like a Dreamworks production than a Disney one as Disney doesn't usually do cheap ass and cleavage humor.

Overall, I'd probably rank this as the worst Pixar film that doesn't involve talking Cars. Though I heartily agree about the short film at the beginning-- one of the best I've seen, and worth the price of admission in itself.

But if you're looking for a childrens animated film set in a fantasy period, skip Brave and look no further than How to Train Your Dragon.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote