Music Banter - View Single Post - Deftones
Thread: Deftones
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #80 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
im shocked alot of u praise there first two albums so much sine thoes were pretty much Nu metal by the book ..even chino himself one time said there first two albums were pretty much the adolecent teen albums ..or angry albums

they were pretty much the most Raw and heavy cugga chugga riff albums

its not intill Frank showed up there Keyboard/synth player that they started to expermint and never look back

i 4 one like all there albums and saturday night was cool IMO it was there first album that pretty much was 100% alt rock it put them in that world so to say
I already mentioned that Adrenaline is very nu metalish. Still, I did have a nu metal phase in my younger days, and it was one of my favorites. That along with Korn's debut are the only nu metal albums that have carried on into my more mature days...if more had been like those, the genre wouldn't have turned into a huge parody of itself. Around the Fur already showed some growth and I honestly find it to be closer to really heavy alt rock than nu metal. It had so much melody behind those chugging riffs...White Pony was a natural progression from that, in my opinion. If you think Saturday Night Wrist is alt rock, then why not Around the Fur? They basically admitted to trying to recapture that energy there.