Music Banter - View Single Post - What albums do you know inside and out?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
The first time I listened to "Funeral" by Arcade Fire, I sadly admit that I really hated it. I know, shame on me. Therefore, I never gave Neon Bible the chance until a couple years later. But when I finally listened to it, WOW. Instantly connected to Arcade Fire. Went back, listened to Funeral, kicked myself in the ass for not appreciating it the first time. I've listened to Neon Bible multiple times on multiple locations and each time it gets better. Easily my favorite album.

At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command
My older brother got me into this band. I listened to it once when I didn't appreciate music as much as I do now, so I didn't really get it. The moment I started getting really experimental with the music I listened too, I rented the record from my local library and I connected with it and listened to it on a daily basis. I even put it on my to-do lists for the day for almost a year. This album propelled me to listen to more punk bands with weird high-energy spirit. None will ever come close to At The Drive-In though, they created a sound all their own.

Spoon - Gimme Fiction
Gimme Fiction is as art rock as they come. One of the many things I appreciate Spoon for is their artistic approach to their music, it's unlike any rock album I've ever listened too. It might not be the best Spoon album to listen to first if you're trying to become a fan, listen to Kill The Moonlight or Girls Can Tell for that. But if you're a Spoon analyst like I am, you can agree this album is nothing less than amazing.

There's plenty more albums, I just don't feel like typing anymore.
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote