Music Banter - View Single Post - What albums do you know inside and out?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
duga, you have exquisite taste.
Thanks so much! I try to be pretty eclectic, so I've got albums I've devoured from quite a few genres.

And Elephant is still something I love to listen to. These days the track I like the most is Black Math...there's something so raw and energetic about it. Coming off the heels of Seven Nation Army, it would have been hard to keep an energy going and they nailed it. I like to play it on guitar, too. It's simple but a load of fun to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post

At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command
My older brother got me into this band. I listened to it once when I didn't appreciate music as much as I do now, so I didn't really get it. The moment I started getting really experimental with the music I listened too, I rented the record from my local library and I connected with it and listened to it on a daily basis. I even put it on my to-do lists for the day for almost a year. This album propelled me to listen to more punk bands with weird high-energy spirit. None will ever come close to At The Drive-In though, they created a sound all their own.
This would be another that almost makes my list. Like a lot of people, I think, I listened to this after hearing The Mars Volta. When The Mars Volta's intense progressiveness gets to be too much I like to put these guys on just to the feel that simple energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
and this one for sure:-

know it as sure as the dust blows forward and the dust blows back
Wow, really? I've listened to it enough now to say I appreciate it, but I can't say it's something I am too motivated to really absorb in depth.

And all this talk about TMBG has inspired me to check them out. They are a band I've always seen mentioned in discussions, but I was never really motivated to listen to anything by them. Gonna go listen to Flood now...