Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

The Cookie Monster cometh!

I know I usually don't bother with ratings for the albums I review, but this is a whole different journal with a completely different style of review, so for these I will be rating them.

And for no reason you will ever know, I'm using a "Cookie" rating system. Hey, I found some really cool cartoon cookies and they looked, well, cool, so I decided to use 'em. Plus I owe the blue guy, okay?

Albums will be rated from one cookie

right up to five cookies

with obviously one cookie being an absolute crapfest and five being an album you have got to listen to. Because not every album will be categorisable in terms of cookies, there will also be half-cookie ratings, so an album that's better than three cookies but not quite four will be rated at three and a half cookies

(Hungry yet?)

Most albums are probably gonna fall between the 3-4 cookie mark, with some really bad ones maybe going down to 2 or even 1 cookie. It's highly unlikely, but if you ever see this symbol on its own

avoid coming within even a hundred miles of this album, and saw off your own head with a spoon rather than listen to it. Seriously, it'll be that bad!

But such a thing is unlikely to happen. Similarly, very few albums are going to attain the five-cookie mark (although it looks like one has already): these will be albums that can do no wrong, have no bad tracks, albums I love and you should love too. They will, in all probability, be few and far between, but you never know.

So since I only started this journal this week, I'm going to go back and "cookie-up" the albums I've reviewed so far, and from then on every album will have a cookie rating shown before it. I may expound on why this or that album has attained the rating it has, or I may not.

Now, where's me tea?

Last edited by Trollheart; 10-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote