Music Banter - View Single Post - Deftones
Thread: Deftones
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #98 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Again, SOAD was listing alternative metal bands preceding them as far as I can tell. I'd be interested to hear if they considered Korn, Soundgarden or AIC influences.

Deftones were pretty much just an exceptional nu metal band through their first 3 albums, I find it hard to believe that SOAD has any amount of real influence from Deftones.

I can say anyone's an influence of my band. Ke$ha lists Black Sabbath, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin as her biggest influences, and considers herself alternative. I'm not even ****ting you with that.

I find it hard to believe, just like I find it hard to believe Deftones impacts SOAD.
Well, I was never arguing that. I was just arguing that someone can list influences that aren't immediately apparent in the music. Did SOAD ever say the Deftones were an influence?

As for Ke$ha...does she write her own music? My first instinct is no, so I don't know how any of those bands could have an influence on her. It's not her music. I can see where she gets her attitude now, though.