Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #11861 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Two words...

SPITE DIAPER.

Okay, now that I have that out of my system by saying that this is one of the best films I've seen in the last five years. I didn't expect this. I only saw Rooney Mara out of all the Oscar nominees for Best Actress but I can honestly say that Tilda Swinton along with the entire film got ROBBED at the Oscars. The film released late and to little theaters but I believe it was eligible for the 2012 Oscars. Swinton gave one of the most subtle powerhouse performances I've ever seen. Her character took a lot in and kept it there and it was wonderful watching hr trying to keep all the hurt inside instead of letting it loose.

This was also a fantastically filmed movie. It kind of had a Pulp Fiction feel where she kept going back to a different time and place and then jumping back again but it never got confusing or tiresome. It added to the mystery of what kind of a monster we are dealing with when we look at Kevin. Ezra Miller was also fantastic. The film also did a brilliant job of incorporating colors, specifically red into nearly every scene.

This is not a rewatchable film though. At least not at first. It shows qualities of say Requiem for a Dream or Dancer in the Dark (Hell, any Von Trier film for that matter) where you're so emotionally drained afterword you can't think straight. The ending to this one is punishing but answers so many questions and evokes more.

I am lucky enough to have a girlfriend who lives film as much as I do and we were talking about this one for a good hour after it ended. I HIGHLY recommend seeing this for the incredible acting from Swinton and Miller and also just a perfectly directed film that will be talked about for years.

10/10

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote