Music Banter - View Single Post - Power Metal
Thread: Power Metal
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #307 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

As said, I'll be looking at albums primarily from 1998 to 2000. This is the third offering on here from Blind Guardian, without doubt one of the most pivotal and most important bands in the history of power metal. Their previous album Imaginations From the Other Side is a landmark album, the follow-up to that album a concept album based on Tolkien's Silmarillion is equally held in such high-esteem, Imaginations From the Other Side was full of complex instrumentals combined with bassist Hansi Kursch's gruff voice, well Nightfall on Middle Earth looks to take the whole thing in an even more complex direction with its operatic overtones, reminding the listener of Queen at times, the faster songs sit well with the slower often folky style numbers and the whole thing is pieced together with spoken voice sections between the songs. Nightfall in Middle Earth is without a doubt, an album for the power metal aficionado and not for the casual listener or beginner. Like most of Blind Guardian's discography takes several listens to really appreciate the quality and complexity of their work. Also that Morgoth cover kicks butt too!

Blind Guardian Nightfall in Middle Earth 1998
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 06-30-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote