Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of this generation of music?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #75 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
It's a good time to be creating, though. The Pop Scene will always be the Pop Scene, although I do have to say that on the plus side of the stuff I don't listen to unless I catch it by You Tube or Accident is that there's more beats and attitude to it now despite the abundance of soft music still being played in some areas of the Industry. I don't know if any one of you would like to go back when The Carpenters were all around the charts with their safer than safe sounds or when FM radio played it too safe with it's Styx/Journey overkill when it turned into a business in The US. As for the so-called Magical 60's that did have a lot of great stuff achieving success in an era when the industry was far from it's mega-million dollar world, there was a lot of crap to rebel against as well, trust me.
problem is, i think the Carpenters were fucking geniuses

anybody who so easily put them off has probably never studied any of their songs to see how complex they are

and Journey and Styx are alright with me, well, Kilroy Was Here-era Styx anyway

yes, the 60s had a lot of fluffy pop schmop, but they were fun

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote